Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The First Step to a Healthier Lifestyle

I've always been very small, during high school my weight fluctuated but I was always petite. At five foot, two inches, my ideal weight is 115-120lbs. After I had my girls I gained a crap load. And in a very short period of time. I am a big fan of King of Queens and have seen almost every episode and watch re-runs nightly. I noticed Carrie (Leah Remini) was very small as well then she gained weight after having a baby and was about the same size am I am now. A few seasons after she gave birth she lost the weight and was tiny once again. I did a little research because I was very curious as to how much weight she initially gained and how much she lost.

After reading her blog I learned she lost 80 pounds by going on Dr. Cohen's First Personal Diet. So I did a lot of research on the diet. It sounded too good to be true. Here's the gist: you have blood drawn and tested at your doctor, the results are sent in to Dr. Cohen's "team" and then your diet is personalized. Its all through e-mail and from what I read there is a lot of support. There is also an official forum online which non-members can also read, which is exactly what I did. It is $250 for 12 weeks and if your goal weight is not achieved in that 12 weeks its another $179 for 12 more.

I looked online everywhere for before and after pictures and blogs of dieters out there who have successfully completed the diet or is currently in the process of shedding all their unwanted weight. After a diet pill fiasco I decided to try the First Personal Diet. I was going to start January 1 for the new year but I am going to send my money in on Friday and get blood work done hopefully next week.

The day I begin my diet I will post before pictures, my weight, and measurements and I'll update regularly. Hopefully this will work, I am very excited and VERY motivated. Summer is coming and I'd like to lose the weight by June/July/August. I plan on losing 80 pounds. We'll see how it goes, I'm serious about getting fit.

From what I've read, if you don't excercise now its better to wait until you have lose the weight so that you're not hungrier during the day. Once I [hopefully] lose my weight I will get a trainer. A worry I have is that I will have excess skin, especially around my boobies. I have huge boobs but that's just because of the weight I've gained. My worst fear is that they will sag. Oh dear...

I have also heard great things about p90x, so maybe I'll try that out after my diet as well.

Leah Remini Blogs About First Personal Diet

Official First Personal Diet Website



No comments:

Post a Comment