Support the Haiti Disaster Relief Effort

Friday, January 22, 2010

What Have I Gotten Myself Into?

Last night I sent in my $250 to 1st Personal Diet, then I got a very quick response and an order form for a blood test. The blood test could be paid for online ($35) and then you print the form and bring it in with you when you have the blood taken. I looked online at locations and they're all in pretty shitty areas, which makes me very weary. So I picked the one that was in the nicest area and they wouldn't answer the phone. So I went to the second one. No answer. SO I called a further one and got an answer from a nice women with an accent. She gave me directions. In her directions were listed a couple things I'm not so sure of. McDonalds, Burger King, Buona Beef, and Chinese Buffet. Don't get me wrong, I like all four, but when they are used to describe the location of your "medical office" that gets me a little concerned. There was also no need for an appointment, they are open for walk ins. Not sounding too great.

I already spend the non-refundable $35 on the blood test from this specific lab, so I will drive there, look for the strip of various fast food joints and judge the book by its cover. If this place looks like somewhere I'd be most likely to contract something then I'm forgetting the $35 and hauling ass over to my regular doctor, which I should have done in the first place.

I'm going over there on Monday so we'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment